Please take the time to read over our contract. We will provide you with a copy to sign and a signed copy to take home at the time of kitten pick up.
Conditions of Sale
1. Kitten will be spayed or neutered before they go home. No exceptions. Buyer will be provided with the TICA “blue slip” for registering kitten.
2. Kitten/Cat will not be mistreated and will have fresh water, food and a clean litter box at all times. Kitten/Cat will have frequent and kind human attention. Kitten/Cat will be provided with a scratching post and/or cardboard scratcher, as well as plenty of toys.
3. Kitten/Cat will receive a yearly veterinary exam to include any care needed to maintain the ongoing good health of the animal. Kitten/Cat will not be denied veterinary care at any time.
4. Kitten/Cat WILL NOT be allowed outside except on a leash/harness (under close supervision) or in a completely enclosed run. Kitten/Cat will not be caged or kept in an unsuitable room, basement, or garage.
5. Kitten/Cat WILL NOT be declawed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. Buyer will not, under any circumstances, sell or lease Kitten/Cat to any animal shelter, research facility, laboratory, pet store, or any other commercial enterprise.
7. If this Kitten/Cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, the Buyer will surrender Kitten/Cat to the Breeder or Breeder’s Representative immediately and unconditionally.
1. The Breeder guarantees the Kitten to be healthy at the time of sale (to the best of her knowledge), FeLV/FIV negative, and free from any life-threatening illnesses, infections, internal & external parasites, ear mites, fleas, and ringworm. This guarantee is valid for 14 days from the date of purchase (delivery/pickup). During this period of time, the Kitten should not be exposed to any ill animals (doing so will void this health agreement).
2. The Breeder recommends the Buyer take the Kitten to their own veterinarian (at Buyer’s expense) within the first 72 hours for their own satisfaction and protection. If the vet feels that the kitten is ill and the illness was present prior to the sale the Breeder should be contacted at once, before any major treatment has begun, (except in an emergency situation). The Breeder will (upon receipt of a statement from the examining veterinarian that the illness was present prior to sale) pay the cost of the medical treatment (up to half the purchase price of the Kitten). If the Kitten should die from a problem present prior to the sale, the Breeder will either replace the Kitten with one of equal quality or refund the purchase price listed on the first page of this contract.
3. The Breeder guarantees against the death of a Kitten due to genetic defects for one year from the date of purchase (FeLV, FIV, and FIP are NOT genetic and are specifically excluded). In the unlikely event of death of this Kitten due to genetic abnormalities (proof is to be provided to the Breeder in the form of an exact cause of death and including the description of the Kitten’s date of birth, name, sex, color and pattern from the veterinarian), the Breeder will replace the Kitten with one of equal quality (if available) or refund the Buyer’s purchase price listed on the first page of this contract.
4. Health guarantee will not be honored if ownership changes.
1. The Breeder agrees to accept the Kitten back and refund the purchase price, excluding deposit (deposit is not refundable) if within 14 days the Buyer finds that allergy reactions make it impossible to keep the Kitten.
2. If the Kitten is returned to the Cattery between 15 and 30 days after the date of purchase, the Breeder will refund $250.00 only.
3. If at any time after the first 30 days the Buyer can no longer take care of the Kitten/Cat the Breeder agrees to accept the Kitten/Cat back without any obligation to refund any of the purchase price. We will always accept our kittens/cats back, no matter the age.